Translate

Monday, May 14, 2018

Bamby & Jahyanai King - "Real Wifey" (French Guyanese Dancehall song with English lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the official YouTube video of the French Guiana dancehall song "Real Wifey" by Bamby and Jahyanai King.

English lyrics to this song are included in this post.

Selected comments from the discussion thread for this official video are also included in this post.

****
The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Bamby and Jahyanai King for their musical legacies and thanks to all those quoted in this post.

****
LYRICS: REAL WIFEY [English translation] *

(composed by Jahyanai King and performed by Bamby & Jahyanai King)

Bamby:
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me.
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me bad gyal.

[Verse 1]

Jahyanai King & Bambi:
This girl is only a bi&ch!** You are an official woman.
Do not worry ! I know there are plenty who do not like me.
They speak, they speak, they do not know how to do that ...
But if it gets too close, I will not talk too much.
They are not afraid of hitch, you are an official woman.
They sway when I go down like a lightning.
You'll come to yell, yell at my door.
But I already told you that I would not fight for any man.

[Refrain]

Bamby:
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me.
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me bad gyal.

[Verse 2]

Jahyanai King & Bambi:
These girls are crazy or what ?!
They want to make me a killer.
There are too many women on earth for you to take my head with your nonsense! Lord!
I already said: there is only one man in my life, but he must respect ...
If he does not want to have problems!
Because…

[Refrain]

Bamby:
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me.
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me bad gyal.

[Verse 1]

Jahyanai King & Bambi:
This girl is only a bi&ch! You are an official woman.
Do not worry ! I know there are plenty who do not like me.
They speak, they speak, they do not know how to do that ...
But if it gets too close, I will not talk too much.
They are not afraid of hitch, you are an official woman.
They sway when I go down like a lightning.
You'll come to yell, yell at my door.
But I already told you that I would not fight for any man.

[Refrain]

Bamby:
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me.
Real women do not fight for a man.
I will not fight with you just for a man.
You can do all your cinema, get upset.
As long as you do not touch me bad gyal.

[Verse 2]

Jahyanai King & Bambi:
These girls are crazy or what ?!
They want to make me a killer.
There are too many women on earth for you to take my head with your nonsense! Lord!
I already said: there is only one man in my life, but he must respect ...
If he does not want to have problems!
Because...

[Outro]

Bamby:
Real women do not fight for a man.

-snip-
*These lyrics are translated from French Guyanese Creole to French by http://www.westindian-lyrics.fr/bamby-x-jahyanai-king-real-wifey-paroles-traduction-511/. That page includes the original Creole words, and options for a French translation and a French/Creole translation.

I used the Google translate option to translate the French to English.

**The word given as "bi&ch" is fully spelled out in these lyrics.

In African American Vernacular English, the lyrics "You can do all your cinema" can be given as "You can get all dramatic."

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: BAMBY X JAHYANAI KING - REAL WIFEY - ( CLIP OFFICIEL )



Jahyanai King, Published on Sep 18, 2015
-snip-
Selected comments from this video's discussion thread, with numbers assigned for referencing purposes only. Results for Google translate from French to English is given under some of these comments.

2016
1. JAZZY BEBE
"My first time hearing French guyana's creole, love it 😍😍"

**
2. flora villeneuve
"je comprends pas trop leur language! c'est du creole guyanais?"
-snip-
"I do not understand their language! is it Guyanese creole?"

**
REPLY
3. Lili Lamin
"Oui"
-snip-
"yes"

**
4. neskila sandy
"J'aime bien c'est la première fois que je fais attention au créole guyanais même si il y a de l'anglais je trouve ça très bien,d'habitude on n'entend pas le créole guyanais. Je suis du 971 continuez à chanter en créole guyanais ça donne un plus à la chanson et c'est ce qui fait le succès de cette chanson."
-snip-
"I like it is the first time that I pay attention to Creole Guyanese even if there is English I find it very well, usually we do not hear Creole Guyanese. I'm from 971 continue to sing in Creole Guyanese it gives a plus to the song and that's what makes the success of this song"
-snip-
"971" is the country (telephone) code for United Arab Emirates.

**
5. BabyL
"j avoue mais bon.
sinon etant guadeloupéenne martiniquaise le creole guyanais se comprend vraiment très bien. y a juste quelques differences mais tres simple.
pas besoin de modifications pour que les gens comprennent surtt les antillais"
-snip-
"I confess but good.
otherwise being Guadeloupian Martinique the Guyanese creole really understands very well. there are just a few differences but very simple.
no need for changes so that people understand surtt the West Indians."

**
6. Eka Tadulala
"Omg this song is fire!!! On replay!"

**
7. Vayann973
"Pourquoi nous massacrons notre propre créole comme ça... "Nou là Maintenant"?!!! 😭"
-snip-
"Why do we slaughter our own creole like this ... "Nou there Now"? !!! 😭"

**
REPLY
8. Général Holas
"+Drey GAS 973 Moi je préfère comme cela .....Le son peut voyager si tu comprend et c'est pas une mauvaise idée 972 971"
-snip-
"+ Drey GAS 973 I prefer it like that ..... The sound can travel if you understand and it's not a bad idea 972 971"
973- country code for French Guiana
972- country code for Israel
971- country code for United Arab Emirates

**
REPLY
9. Moriane MORDICÉ
"+flora villeneuve .. ils ne parle pas uniquement le créole Guyanais .. Ils utilisent beaucoup de mots en Anglais .. Ils mélangent"
-snip-
"+ flora villeneuve .. they do not speak only Creole Guyanese .. They use a lot of English words .. They mix"

**
REPLY
10. Hitsu Film
"+Moriane Mordice C'est la nouvelle génération de créole Guyanais on parle comme ça en Guyane sauf si on parle à un adulte ou on retournera au créole guyanais classique voila !"
-snip-
"+ Moriane Mordice This is the new generation of Guyanese Creole we speak like that in French Guiana unless we talk to an adult or we will return to the classical French Guyanese Creole!"

****
2017
11. Djat Minah
"I want yes yes"

**
REPLY
12. Cécé !
"Djat Minah En fait dans le refrain elle dit une vraie dame ne vais pas me battre juste pour un l'homme, tu peux faire tout ton cinéma et envoyer tes commentaires mais depuis que tu ne me touches pas ça me va."
-snip-
"Djat Minah In fact in the chorus she says a real lady will not fight just for a man, you can do all your cinema and send your comments but since you do not touch me it suits me."

**
13. Wendy Cordette
"c a lesson to remember for girls who will try to provoke me or volley my guy i will not talk much and i will act bravo bamby"
-snip-
I think a standard American English "translation" for this sentence is "This is a lesson to remember for girls who try to provoke me or try to steal my guy- I will not talk much but I will act. Bravo [Congratulations], bamby!"

**
14. Vanessa Glave
"they doing good with the patois and dancehall.where r they from"

**
REPLY
15. Laura Smith
"Vanessa Glave it's creole from French Guiana"

**
16. Mercedes Raye
"Girl wifey paka fight over man🎶🎶🎶"
-snip-
I think that in colloquial American English this sentence is "Girl, wives don't fight over men."

Is "paka" Haitian Creole for "don't"?

**
17. titi boz
"This song should be sing in English not in guyanese Creole u will make so much money right now"
-snip-
I think the commenter may have meant that if this song were in English it would make more money.

**
REPLY
18. Nocking
"that's true girl"

**
REPLY
19. petit prolo
"they don't speak english in guyana they speak french and creole"

**
REPLY
20. guyanese empress
"petit prolo im guyanese and we do speak English"
-snip-
I don't know whether this commenter meant the South American nation of "French Guiana" or the South American nation of
Guyana" (formerly known as British Guiana).

Are people from French Guiana called "Guyanese" or "French Guyanese"?

**
21. Bwalewoz A
"Désolée mais cette chanson est magnifique parcequ'elle est en créole guyanais . ça décoiffe !!"
-snip-
"Sorry but this song is beautiful because it is in Creole Guyanese. Hat's Off !!"

**
REPLY
22. Nysa Marester
"+Bwalewoz A Wow j'adore le flow de cette chanson, mais moi aussi étant du 971 je n'comprend pas trop . Qui peut me faire une petite traduction svp ? ^^"
-snip-
"+ Bwalewoz A Wow I love the flow of this song, but me too being 971 I do not understand too much. Who can make me a little translation" please?

**
REPLY
23. Vayann973
"+Nysa Marester en somme : " les vrais femmes ne se battent pas pour des hommes, je ne me battrai pas avec toi juste pour un homme. Tu peux faire tout tes simagrees, tant que tu ne me touches pas... " Jayhanai "tu es l'officielle, c'est une ***, il y a trop de femmes sur terre pour que vous me preniez la tête avec des âneries" bamby: la seule chose qu'elles savent faire c'est parler mais si elles s'approchent trop de moi, moi je ne parlerai pas autant". (bien évidemment ce n'est pas une traduction littérale mais en français ça donnerait quelque chose comme ça)"
-snip-
"+ Nysa Marester: "Real women do not fight for men, I will not fight with you just for a man, you can do all your simagrees, as long as you do not touch me ..." Jayhanai " you're the official, it's a ***, there are too many women on earth for you to take my head with nonsense "bamby: the only thing they know how to do is talk but if they approach too much of me, I will not speak so much. "(Of course it's not a literal translation but in French it would give something like this)"

**
REPLY
24. Barbiiee360
"I don't speak the language but i like the song, can someone please tell me where in the Caribbean they from?"

**
REPLY
25. lnanters
"They're from French Guyana in South America"

**
26. Peter John Dumas
"I am Haitian, I understand a little your Creole, looks like mine. viv kreyòl"

**
27. Cemelus Tesner
"kreyol yo a vreman diferan wi. Mais c'est tres beau, i like."
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English: "kreyol yo a vreman diferan wi" = "Creoles are really different".
-snip-
Google translate from French to English: "Mais c'est tres beau" = "But it's very beautiful"

**
2018
28. La kawaii Lolie
"Bambuy parle à la meuf l'autre elle fait des gestes mais elle viens mm pas chui morte xD"
-snip-
Bambuy speaks to the girl the other she makes gestures but she come mm not dead chi xD
-snip-
Here's an African American Vernacular English "translation" for this comment:
Bamby is talking to one girl but the other girl who came with her just stands there making gestures... I’m dead”.
["I'm dead" means "That’s hilarious"; That’s too funny, I'm dying laughing.]

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. According https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/bamby.html Bamby got her nickname because when she was a child her eyes were big (like the Disney movie fictional deer named "Bambi".

    -snip-
    In the official video for "Real Wifey", Bamby is the woman wearing a purple shirt who is portraying the wife. The man portraying the husband is Jahyanai King.

    Here's a quote from https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamby&prev=search.
    "It was his [her] childhood friend Jahyanai King , himself a songwriter , who pushed in 2015 to make a first clip, which quickly became a success on the Internet. Jahyanai King then becomes his [her] producer and sings with her in some of his [her] songs .3 "My dream is that there are ten Bamby in Guyana", interview of Bamby and Jahyanai King, newspaper France-Guyane "

    ReplyDelete