Translate

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Comments From Around The World About The Performance Of "Hi Hanya Mahala" By South Africa's Joyous Celebration Choir

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post is Part II of a two part series on South Africa's Joyous Celebration choir and the Xitsonga (Shangaan) song "Hi Hanya Mahala.

This post showcases a video of Joyous Celebration singing "Hi Hanya Mahala". This post also features examples of comments from this YouTube video's discussion thread which document the global reach of this song and highlight the appreciation that people around the world feel for this song and for other Joyous Celebration songs.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2018/01/south-africas-joyous-celebration-choir_28.html for Part I of this series showcases a video of a Joyous Celebration choir (South Africa) featuring soloist Mercy Ndlovu singing her composition "Hi Hanya Mahala".

Part I also provides information about Joyous Celebration and information about Shangaan (Xitsonga) language.

Part I also includes selected comments from this video's discussion thread about the Joyous Celebration choir, that song and soloist, and/or that performance. The lyrics to that song in Xitsonga (Shangaan) is also included in these comments along with these lyrics'English translation.

The content of this post is presented for religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owner.

Thanks to Joyous Celebration and Mercy Ndlovu for their music.

Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
Click the "Joyous Celebration" tag below for more pancocojams posts about this South African choir.

****
SHOWCASE EXAMPLE Joyous Celebration - Hi Hanya Mahala (We are Living For Free) by Mercy Ndlovu (Joyous Celebration 16)



Sony Music Africa, Published on Mar 16, 2012

Hi Hanya Mahala features on the new Joyous Celebration 16 DVD - Live at Carnival City.

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD
Here are selected comments from this video's discussion thread.

These comments about this song are given in chronological order based on the year that they were published, with the oldest comments given first except for replies. Numbers are assigned for referencing purposes only.

Usually only one comment per nation is featured in this compilation, but I included a couple of comments from a few countries.

2012
1. Tonganpianist
"can someone translate the chorus into english?
bcos i want to rewrite the song into english..... the pacific islanders love this african groove! bless"

**
2. Imah Otejiri
"@noZA67 what is your definition of Godly fearing women covering....nothing wrong with what they are wearing you need deliverance from ur own seduction....joyous celebration you have been an inspiration to me and my choir over here in ukraine don't let those who criticize u bring u down cos if they can do what you are doing now we should have been watching them right now on youtube"
-snip-
This comment was written in response to commenters who criticized the way that some of the female choir members dressed.

****
2013
3. Charity Dell
"AMEN, ma soeur de Ayiti! I am African-american and I LOVE the South African choral sound in praise music. All African people--including their New World cousins--praise God with ALL our might! PRAISE GOD for pouring out His Spirit upon ALL nations! HALLELUJAH!"
-snip-
"Ma soeur de Ayiti" means "my sister from Haiti. The commenter may have mistakenly believed that the soloist is from Haiti, but she is from South Africa.

**
REPLY
4. TheLoxionKasie
"Hey Charity. The language is Xitsonga (Shee-Tso-nga). South Africa."

**
5. Wynnefern Thenor
"I am Haitian- American and really have no idea of the meaning of the words however being part of the Body of Christ ,i.e being a Christian, I can feel the power of this song. The gospel knows no boundaries (which is why we might not understand the words but still be moved by these wonderful expression of praise and worship)...the Holy Spirit ministers to ALL and reveal itself throughout all nations"

**
6. jolly chick
"I'm from Trinidad and Tobago so I def am not understanding a word!!! Buttt I'm always blessed by this song, to the point I'm singing it in my own way~~~lool~~ I prefer a free Jesus over one I have to pay for~~~ Hallelujahhhhhhh......"

****
2014

****
2015
7. Michelle Clayton
"I'm Jamaican. Don't know a word of the song but loving it!!!"

**
REPLY
8. IsaiahRaymondShares
"+Michelle Clayton HAHAHA My Mum is Jamaican and i feel the same! I LOVE IT and play it suh till LOL!"

**
REPLY
9. Michelle Clayton
"Thumbs up! We know a good thing when we hear it!"

**
REPLY
10. IsaiahRaymondShares
"+Michelle Clayton 100% Tru ting!! :D"

****
2016
11. Bongisa Mzilikazi
"I am south African and am loving this song super"

**
12. dora miracle17
"love it so much from Uganda"

**
13. Irene Ezine
"this song is beatifful I love but I don't enderstend because I am french glory of god and god bless you"

**
14. peace Agbonba
"Am a Nigerian but I hear did song like 20 Times a day"

**
15. shanique williams
"am from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and i love this song even though it is not english"

**
16. DAVID GACHANJA
"David from Kenya Nairobi and i love the song ,though words not known"

**
17. Alexandre Jose
"Listening DIrectily From Mozambique.....All i can find from Joyous celebration"

Living for free in JESUS... Glory

**
18. Valerie mashoko
"I love this song so much , much love from Zimbabwe"

**
19. donnafatbaby
"enjoying this music all the way in Grenada in the Caribbean. i cant get enough of it!!!! i cannot understand the song but i love it"

**
20. blessing inyang
"Am also a praise and worship leader here in South Korea but a Nigerian. My heart is filled with so much joy and my spirit is so much elevated by this ministration and I believe that the Heavens are happy too"

**
21. Baby Love [written in response to one of the commenters who added the lyrics to this song in that YouTube discussion thread]
"+Mahlatse Mashala Amen to these lyrics of truth! May God Bless his servants in Africa!! Much Love from New Zealand!! #NeedToDoAnEnglishVersionItWouldSoundBomb!!!"

**
22. Kiva Karmen
"I am American and I don't understand the words but I just want to cry when I hear this song! They sound like my family when we use to work in the fields in South."

**
23. Bishaar Ali
"am from Sudan l don't know this word but I like that song and God bless them"

**
24. Donald Gyimah
"I am a Ghanaian and have never been to Zimbabwe but i know Joyous Celebration and love their songs. God bless you and keep the fire burning"

**
REPLY
25. CHESTER MUDZIMUWAONA
"joyous celebration is South African based"

****
2017
26. Wanyenze
"This sounds so much like Runyakole (west Uganda) especially "na kuhanyisa" and "alokose" "

**
27. Elizabeth Severino
"am from Tanzania I don't know this word but I like that song for the first time and I love these Song"

**
28. kefas John
"Though I don't understand the lyrics but what a swt song for sure! Love from Nigeria"

**
29. Mutoni Dorothy
"Bless you . From Rwanda ."

**
30. Magano Eendunge Ingo
"Loving the song from the very first I heard it even when I had not seen the English translation of it. God bless...from Namibia"

**
31. Anna Bree
"I am from Mauritius and i dont understand ร  single words but still dansing and praising God"

**
32. Theresia Joku
"I'm west papuan and I love the way Africans praise.. I even find music from that area lifts me up off my feet.. the way they praise reminds me of my people back home in Papua, Indonesia.. ๐Ÿ‘☺๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
33. Yaoutiomene Dieudonne
"My soul is uplifted with the inspiring songs of praise and worship from South Africa, to God be the glory. Dieudonne from Cameroon"

**
34. Yerevan Naypyidaw
"God bless from Canada"

**
35. WENISCH EJ CINEMATOGRAPHER
"Am from Sierra Leone , Though i don't understand the words but i love the song so much, how i wish understand the language, but i don't mind still in the spirit"

**
36. Jz Jamin
"I am a Barbadian And Africans are our descendants but I can’t under a word but I love the song and the beat"

**
37. REPLY
Mwafrika Mkenya
"Jz Jamin We are your ancestors not descendants, you descend from us, not the other way round"

**
REPLY
38. Jz Jamin, 2018
"I know."

**
39. Karen Alapati
"Wow this is so uplifting and makes me wanna join in praising with them super inspired and so refreshing. Love how God calls everyone to worship him! A am a Samoa and we love being inspired by other people's worship and learning their genre and tempo ๐Ÿ˜ God bless you all and keep on lifting the name of Jesus in your worship!! ❤"

****
2018
40. Oula Lauria
"Am from ivory coast ,am so happy when i hear this song .GOD blessรฉ you"

**
41. Colince Hapra
"I am a cameroonian but i love all the songs they are singing i like to become sud african"

****
This concludes Part II of this pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment