Translate

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Analyzing Comments From The YouTube Discussion Thread For "I'm Not In Daycare" (Kid Remix Of Cardi B - Bodak Yellow)

Edited by Azizi Powell

[Revised October 30, 2017]

This is Part II of a two part pancocojams series that features the children's Rap song that I've entitled "I'm Not In Daycare"*

This pancocojams post provides an analysis of categories of comments from the YouTube discussion thread for "I'm Not In Daycare" (Kid Remix Of Cardi B - Bodak Yellow)*. This analysis pays particular attention to the use of African American Vernacular English terms and grammar as well as the use of internet/text writing by commenters who appear to be children or pre-teens.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2017/10/im-not-in-daycare-video-lyrics-kid.html for Part I for this series. Part I showcases a video of children's remix of of Carla B's Hip Hop song "Bodax Yellow" ("I'm Not In Daycare")* and includes my transcription of this song's lyrics.

*This video has no title for this song except Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow" (Kid Remix). However, as there are other "Kid remixes" that use the instrumental music for "Bodax Yellow", this children's rap song certainly should have an additional title. I use "I'm Not In Daycare" as the that line is most often repeated in that song.

The content of this post is presented for socio-cultural, linguist, and onomastics purposes.

Thanks to all those who are featured in this video and all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks to Stephen J. Taylor for directing and publishing this video on YouTube.

*WARNING: The original "Bodax Yellow" song contains profanity and isn't suitable for children.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2017/10/rake-it-up-kid-remix-back-to-school.html for a related pancocojams post that provides analysis of selected comments from a Kids Remix of "Rake It Up".

Click the tag "children writing on the internet" for other pancocojams posts on this subject.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Bodak Yellow - Cardi B (Kid Remix)



Stephen J. Taylor, Published on Sep 25, 2017

They were in Day Care, now they are ready for School! Much love to Cardi B. These girls got next. Directed by Stephen J. Taylor....
-snip-
Update: Here are some statistics for this video as of October 29, 2017 (6:38 AM EDT):
total views - 1,467,988 views

likes (thumbs up) - 11K

dislikes (thumbs down) - 2K

total number of comments: 1,170
-end of update-

****
ANALYSIS OF CATEGORIES OF COMMENTS FROM THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR "I'M NOT IN DAYCARE" (CARDI B- BODAX YELLOW KID REMIX) by Azizi Powell

Pancocojams Editor's Note:
I read A LOT of the comments in this YouTube video's discussion thread as of October 28, 2017 (9:30 AM EDT)*, and I determined these categories, and selected what I believe to be representative comments for these categories from that discussion thread.

* And then went back and skimmed more comments on October 20, 2017.

Based on a number of factors, I believe that many of the commenters on this discussion thread are African American children or pre-teens. Those factors include the video itself, the content of many of these comments, and the fact that many of the commenters' names (i.e. the fact that many of the commenters' first names are usually only associated with African Americans.)

I also believe that some children/pre-teens may consider posting on YouTube as another form of online social networking, with all of the dangers that could be involved with those communications. However, YouTube posting may be a way of developing and improving internet skills which can be a very positive outcome. For some children/pre-teens, even seeing one's name online may be an act of self-expression and self-promotion. And videos like "I Don't Want To Go To Daycare" which feature young African American children can also have help Black children develop and reinforce their self-esteem and group esteem by featuring people who look like them who are engaged in positive activities that they can identify with. And so, for the most part, I applaud such videos and recognize the positive opportunities that their discussion threads provide for young internet users.

That said, I believe adults need to be more vigilant when it comes to how children/pre-teens of all races/ethnicities use the internet. And we need to help children/pre-teens to learn how to be safe while using the internet.

Furthermore, if this compilation of YouTube discussion thread comments is not unique, and I don't think it is, we need to help children and pre-teens learn the differences between internet/telephone text writing and more formal forms of written communication. My concern is that high value that has been placed on posting speed and the low value that is being placed on writing for clarity (for instance by correctly and consistently using punctuation marks and by using verbs with statements) is probably also found in school reports. Perhaps these comments are written this way out of carelessness that was caused by focusing on speed rather than spelling, punctuation, or grammatical rules. But it's an understatement to say that such writing would be problematic in school and elsewhere.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2016/06/facebooking-youtube-video-comment.html and http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/11/children-posting-on-youtube-discussion.html
for previous pancocojams posts on children writing on the internet.

****
ANALYZING COMMENTS FROM THE YOUTUBE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR "I'M NOT IN DAYCARE" (A KID REMIX OF CARDI B'S HIP HOP TRACK "BOLAX YELLOW")
by Azizi Powell

Note: Selected comments below often fit in more than one of these categories. I've added definitions for some of the African American Vernacular English (AAVE) words/phrases that are found in some of these comments.

All of these comments are from October 2017. These sub-categories are given in no particular order. While I looked for certain types of comments, I believe that these selected comments are representative of that video's discussion thread as of the date of the publication of this pancocojams post.

If you are interested in the study of personal names (onomastics), many of the comments in this compilation from the discussion thread of the "I'm Not In Daycare" Kid Remix Of Cardi B's Bolax Yellow" video (and certain other names from commenters on that video's discussion thread) provide a treasure trove of examples of non-standard first names (according to White America's definition of "standard").

Some of these "non-standard" American names can be identified by the use of certain prefixes such as "La" or "Ja" and/or certain suffixes such as "iya" and "isha". A few of these names can also be identified by the use of a hyphen or by the use of an apostrophe, and/or by a capital letter for the second syllable of those names.

NOTE: Some of these commenters probably aren't from the United States. However, I think it's likely that most of the commenters are from the USA. I don't mean to imply that all the commenters in this compilation are African Americans. However, as I noted above, I believe that most of these commenters are African Americans and many of them are children or pre-teens.

PART I - WHAT THE COMMENTS ARE ABOUT

A. POSITIVE COMMENTS
1. Comments that include the words "so cute":

Many of the comments in this discussion thread consisted on the two words "so cute" or were brief statements that included those two words. "So cute" referred to the video itself and/or to the girls in the video.

Examples:
a) Janiya Gear
"so cute๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"

**
b) hood human
"Y'all so cute y'all killed this"

**
c) Enliss and Kendal show Ayala
"Keep up the good work so cute"

**
d) KK'S Awesome World
"They so cute"

**
e) Little Mixfan29
"So cute I sang this to my sister and she fell asleep"

**
f) IDNM2016CEO FYM
"You is so so cute love you so so much"

**
Examples added on October 30, 2017
g) Delandria Spry
"They are so cute my baby sister is 5 just started school and she listens to this everyday after school on her iPad she really learns from this. Y'all are so amazing and inspiring. You guys give kids the help to encourage them to make good grades and to behave in school. AWESOME!"
-snip-
Note the comment about a five year old having her own iPad.

**
h) Sylvia Quashie
"So cute"
-snip-
Note the use of the Akan [Ghana & Ivory Coast, West Africa day name as a last name.]

**
i)
BigRed
"She so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cute"
-end of examples added on October 30, 2017

****
2. Comments that include the words "too cute"

The phrase "too cute" appears to be used in this discussion as a compliment, with the adverb "too" probably meaning the same thing as "very" or "really" instead of the negative meaning of "something that is more than what is acceptable or expected".

Examples:
a) tony arrington
"too cute she is a good raper"

**
b) Azariyah Bradley
"TOO cute ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜"

**
c) Galiyah Quinn
"This is tooooooo cute"

**
Reply
d) JayDeion McCullum
"Galiyah Quinn thank you evryone else ssid so cute"

***
3. Other ways of saying "so cute" and "too cute"
Examples:
a) Janelle Wolfe
"They are the most cutest thing aaaahhh"

**
b) Lasohn tv
"cute just super cute"

**
c) Brandon Phillip
"LMAOOO MAD CUTE ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"

**
d) Kitana Cole
"u guys are sooo adorable and cut and keep up the good raping ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
-snip-
The word "cut" is probably a typo of "cute".
[Added October 31, 1017]
I've noticed a number of commenters who I think are children or preteens (on this discussion thread and discussion threads for the similar "children's Hip Hop songs "Rake It Up/ School Anthem" and "Kickin It Wit My Daddy") spell "cute" as "cut". It occurs to me that this may be because for the word "cute" the ending letter "e" isn't pronounced.

****
4. Complimentary comments that consist of or include the word "Aye" or forms of that word

Note: The word "Aye" (also written "Ayeeee"!, "Ayye!" etc.) is a AAVE originated, relatively recently given meaning for a yell that conveys excitement and approval. Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2017/07/theories-about-african-american-uses-if.html for a pancocojams post about this word.

Examples:
a) Areanna Pressey
"aye good job"

**
b) Latasha Swopes
"ayeeeeeee"

**
c) Charity Thornton
"AYYE THATS SO CUTE"

**
d) David Baafi
"๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŽ€AYE THEM BARS๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ"
-snip-
"Bars" here refers to "spitting bars", meaning "rapping" (in the Hip Hop sense of that word)

**
e) Mykeria Thorne
"Ayee that was lit"
-snip-
"Lit", an African American Vernacular English (AAVE) term that means "very good", is a relatively recent member of the "hot", "smoking", "fire", "the bomb" etc. "family" of AAVE superlatives.

**
f) queen girls
"Aye aye"

**
g) Harold Pou
"ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
-snip-
Writing a word with repeated letters increases the strength of that word.

****
5. Examples of complimentary comments that include other African American Vernacular English (AAVE) terms and phrases

a) Shenteirio Echavarria
"Y'all killed it"
-snip-
"killed it" = did something very well

**
b) Jeny McMahon
"gooooooooo girl"

**
c) Moneak Gwyn
"People that say no is hating on you"
-snip-
"hating on" = criticizing someone for no real reasons; criticizing someone because of jealousy
People who "hate on" someone are called "haters".

**
d) Kasyiah Bell
" Get it girls ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♂️๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♂️๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♂️๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♂️๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♂️"

**
e) KaaFlipz
"My jam"

**
f) Isaiah Brown
"That's hot frl๐Ÿ’“)"
-snip-
I think this comment means "That's hot fire. Love"- meaning it's very good.

**
g) Amanda Davis
"Who ever push the dislike button is a hater"

**
h) JaNiya Collins
"This was so lit"

**
i) Shakeya Morrison
"She killed that"

**
j) Edyn Edyn Moore
"Yooo this song catchy I love it"
-snip-
"Yooo" means "Hey" and/or is an exclamation of excitement and approval.

**
k) Devyn Robertson
"So litt aye there so cute"

**
l) I'm That Melanin Goodness
"That's right lil ma keep getting them good grades"
-snip-
Some African Americans use "lil ma" (little mama) as an informal referent for young girls.

**
m) Janiyah Evans
"They snapped tho for some little kids"
-snip-
"snapped" here probably means "rapped really well". One African American meaning of "snaps" is "to exchange pointed insults (as in "the Dozens").

**
n). Joseph Oyama
"This is super lit! Awesome!"

**
o) Alex Ybarra
"she dope๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘"
-snip-
"dope" = very good

**
p) tameka wright
"they are so so bad"
-snip-
"So so bad" here probably means "very very good".

**
q) Taliyah Cooke
"This rap is Legit"
-snip-
"legit" = authentic, "for real", meaning "very good"

****
6. Positive or Neutral comments about the girls' hair

Examples:
[no name retrieved- my apologies]
a) "I like ur hair girl and y'all are soooooo cute ❤๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜˜"

**
b) Caitlyn Williams
"The one with the one play is cute and we got the same hair"
-snip-
I'm not sure what "the one with the one play" means. "play" might mean "plait" (braids) and may refer to the girl who has multiple braids but one near her forehead.

**
c) Shannette Young
"I like ur hair girl and y'all are soooooo cute ❤๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜˜"

**
d) Halaya Norris
"The one with the hair out is the oldest"
-snip-
"Wearing your hair out" means wearing it "outside of braids or pony tails.k ago

****
10. Other complimentary comments about the girls and/or their video

Examples:
a) Na'Ziya Meadors
"I love ya'lls outfit lol☺☺☺"

b) Jasmariah Rashaw
"Aww so cute they have they own dance routine"

**
c) Queen Kayla
"Awwwwwwww kids are so talented ❤️ "

**
d) Sidney Evans
"Wow! These are so refreshing! Just what I needed! Excellent job excellent Direction keep up the good work!"

**
e) Candace Johnson
"I watch this song every day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’"

**
f) Demarria Bailey
"They can rap"

**
g) Dimm Fletcher
"yasss I love itt๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"

**
h) Jose Olivo
"i like it but wye didt thay all sing"

**
i) JESSICA CAPERS
"all of you people are mean if you don't like it"

**
j) Tracey Vega-Freeman
"Awwwwww this is soooo positively positive...Love It..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"

**
k) jaylo j
"My kids can repeat the lyrics now with the version."

**
l) T Jackson
"Lol good raping girls"

**
m) Mercedes Jones
"The BuzzFeed nachos were on trending but not this???Smh"

**
n) cupcake love
"CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE LOL SIKE GOOD JOB THO"
-snip-
"Sike" (pronounced the same as the English word "like") means that you were kidding about what you just said.

**
o) Tonya Tonya
"AWWW THIS IS TOO CUTE Y'ALL GO LIL QUEENS ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"
-snip-
"lil Queens" =a positive referent for Black women; Black men are "Kings".

**
p) Delandria Spry
"They are so cute my baby sister is 5 just started school and she listens to this everyday after school on her iPad she really learns from this. Y'all are so amazing and inspiring. You guys give kids the help to encourage them to make good grades and to behave in school. AWESOME!"

**
q) JB Sistaz
"You guys are so lit go girls stay getting As"

**
Reply
r) Regina Barnett
"wi do"

**
s) Sharieco Holloway
"You can rap so good i love it"

**
Reply
t) Tia Tya Alexander
"Sharieco Holloway ,)"
-snip-
Commenters who post another commenter's name mean that they agree with what that commenter has written. 

****
B. COMMENTS THAT CONSIST OF THE SONG'S/RAP'S LYRICS OR INCLUDE REFERENCES TO THOSE LYRICS

Examples:
a) Kiran Quinn
"i am not at daycare now I go to school๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿคฃsooooooooo cute"

**
b) Cece Summons
"she said what about who on that test I got a D girl please the grades I make are A AND B..... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ"

**
c) Sandra Washington
"Girl look at that face when she said girl I got a d girl"

**
d) MK Kids
"She rap better than all the girls that made a video on nodal yellow ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’ฏ❤️and I like the part where was like she said what on my test I got a d๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ"
-snip-
This commenter is probably referring to this other Kid Remix of another current Hip Hop song which was published on YouTube in August 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3suMD2vtw&list=RDJC6qA9kgY8w&index=2 "Rake It Up Kid Remix | Back To School Anthem"

**
e) sag wwz
"Honestly when I go to school I miss my mommy"

**
f) Demiya Jenkins
"Mama told me to behave so that's what I'm gonna do ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚go Girls"

**
g) Kaia Horn
"When I show my daddy he so proud of me. Go girls"

**
h) Cece Summons
"she said what about who on that test I got a D girl please the grades I make are A AND B..... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ"

**
i) Jamie Bratton
"And we don’t take naps ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
j) Annie Cater
"She might lie in about her A and Bs"

**
k) Selene Gomez
"She said Girl Please"

**
l) TheAwesomeLuvvy RBLX
"when i go to school i miss my mommy xD"

**
m) brina omi
"Honestly when I go to school I miss my mommy had me dying."
-snip-
The phrase "has me dying" is an abbreviation of "had me dying laughing" (laughing so hard it made your stomach hurt). As such, it could be a positive or negative comment.

**
n) Hip-Hop Slimesss
"The other girls part was sooo cute!!When she was like "Honestly,when I go to school I miss my mommy!SOOOO CUTE!!๐Ÿ’–"

**
o) Slimespirrration 101
"how do u get snack and u say u a big girl. haha jk"
-snip-
"jk" = "just kidding"

**
p) Quatesha Gipson
"and we don't take naps so don't get comfortable"

**
q) Armonee Mcclain
"Everybody love these girls her shoes they is experience".
-snip-
Everybody loves these girls. Her shoes they is experience (probably means Her shoes are expensive.)

**
r) Kaia Horn
"When I show my daddy he so proud of me. Go girls"

**
s) Kesha Jones
"Girl please only graders I get are A's and B's"

****
C. COMMENTS THAT COMPARE THE GIRLS IN THE VIDEO TO THE COMMENTER OR SOMEONE ELSE THE COMMENTER KNOWS

Note: Some commenters indicated that they know some of the girls in these videos. Of course, some of the comments about knowing these girls might be true).

Examples:
a) I'm great So are you
"0:39 the little girl with the blue headband is me when I have to go to school"

**
b) Amanda Peoples
"You like my cousins"
-snip-
This comment doesn't have any verb. My guess is that the commenter meant "You look like my cousins" or "You act like my cousins".

**
c) Gabriuana Harris
"The girl who is singing have the same backpack as me"

**
d) evelyn a
"The little one goes to my sister's class"

**
e) Kirsty Nicholls
"My brother goes to daycare so leave him olan"
-snip-
"My brother goes to daycare so leave him alone".

**
f) Lovell Diggins
"Cute looking like my cousin Mariah"

**
Carol Anderson
g) eney one else got the same backpack as the one with the zig zag one I have the same backpack as her. ๐Ÿ˜ฒMIND BLOWN๐Ÿ˜ฒ
-snip-
"eney" = "any"

**
h) June Lee
"I know two of those girls"

**
i) YoBih Chocolate
"lol awww remind me of my baby CUTE๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™Œ"

**
j) Jayla King
"The girl with the pink shirt has the same bag as me"

****
C. COMMENTS THAT REFER TO SCHOOL (GRADE LEVEL) AND OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT SCHOOL
Examples:
a) brittany segoviano
"What grade you in"

**
b) Heidi Vaughters
"I am in 3th grand."

**
c) Jametria Hall-Stevenson
"this lit im showing this to my teacher at KIPP for our lower school c
hant"

**
d) shamara reed
"Im finna go to 6th grade and i can't even sing as good as them"
-snip-
"Finna" is an old AAVE (downhome, Southern) term that means "getting ready to". Another form of this word is "fixing to"

**
e) Railynn Showman
"I've been in school 6 years"

**
f) Ashley Hayes
"That's how I was and now I'm in 2nd grade I want to go back to day care but when I get out I'm going to filled like that"
-snip-
"filled like that" = be fulfilled ?

**
g) Breshunti Wilson
"I just started school today am in 2"
-snip-
"2" = second grade

****
D. OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT THIS SONG OR VIDEO OR THE GIRLS IN THE VIDEO
a) Kesha Jones
"I bet they are the popular kids now,๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜"

**
b) puppy lover 101
"Dab old
But good song"
=snip-
"Dab" is the dance move that the older girl did in the video where she covers her mouth with her arm as though she had sneezed.

**
c) Kandy Land Production Simmer
"My little sister needs to see this she in kindergarten going to college (This is a joke she acts grown)."

****
E. OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS
1. Comments that consist of or include self-compliments

Examples:
a) Eric Jackson
"Love it I can rap to and I'm not liying"
-snip-
"Living" probably is a typo for "lying"

****
2. Comments that consist of the just word "hi" or consist of just the commenter's name.

Note: I think that these comments may have been posted so that the commenter can see his or her name on the internet. I refer to this way of using or attempting to use these videos' comment sections as social networking sites as "the facebooking of Youtube discussion threads."

Example:
a) nijah epps
"Nijah Epps"

**
b) your girl amani
"Your girl Amani"

**
c) I Am Heaven Imani
"Jessica Marcos hi"
-snip-
This comment was directed to Jessica Marcos who had posted a comment two weeks before this one.

****
F. NEGATIVE COMMENTS
1. Comments about the girls' physical appearance
Note: The largest number of insults that commenters wrote were those which described the girls as being "ugly". Only one commenter specifically referred to the girls (or one of the girls) skin color:

Example: (Sorry. I didn't retrieve this name.)
a) "You can’t rhyme and your friends and you are to black like charcoal"

Only one commenter to date had something negative to say about the girls' hair:
Example:
b) Trachele Long
"You got to go get your hair done and you ugly"
-snip-
For African Americans "getting your hair done" usually means getting it "straightened" with a chemical product or with a hot comb.
-snip-
I've chosen not to quote any other "you're ugly" comments.

****
2. A number of the negative comments used the girls' ages as a put down, i.e. indicated that the girls were still babies, little, or young.

Examples:
a) Laventrice Puryear
"you Young"

**
b) Kayla Cunningham
"Yall still are lil kids"

**
c) Michael Medious
"You all are baby's and in 2nd or 3"
-snip-
"2nd or 3" = second or third grade in school

**
d) Cynthia Arriola
"You are baby becuse u still have baby teeth in u are tiny in small book bags in u look dumb"

**
e) Kiara McAllister
"What is you doing with your life???? How old are you?? You still a kid.... GET A LIFE!!!"
-snip-
I'm not sure whether this comment is directed toward another commenter or to the girls who are featured in the video.

**
f) Zaid Huneiti
"Your not a big kid"

**
g) Elijah Sanders
"You look like you go to daycare"

**
3. A few commenters didn't like the older girl being in the video

Example
a) Rose Steel
"the girl that looks like she is ten needs to stop dancing๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘ŽBut overall its lit"

****
4) Other negative comments about the girls or about the video itself

a) Giavonte Johnson
"That was boring"

**
b) Shatory Washington
"y'all can't sang"

**
c) Chantel Miller
"Wut the heck"

**
d) Rhilie Johnson
"I'm so weak"
-snip-
"I'm so weak" usually means that the person is "weak" from laughing at (and not with) something or someone.

**
e) Autumn gymnast gamer
"After this they going to think that the the queens"
-snip-
I think that the commenter means that the girls will act like they are better than other kids because they were featured in the video. This use of "queens "is different than the one given above.

**
f) Dominique Denton
"My sitsis is she gone to be you up"
-snip-
I think that this comment says "My sister is [sentence not finished]. She is going to beat you up."

**
g) sanaa Webb
"Rap better get more rithem"

**
h) Zay Sorrells
"Not trying to be mean but I feel like they copied off of them other girls"
-snip-
This comment probably refers to the "Rake It Up Kid Remix | Back To School Anthem" whose link is given above.

**
i) Gussie Wyatt
"y'all are so cute y'all did good but your mouth was barely move not trying to be rude but yes"

**
j) Alisha Carter
"my sis can rap better than them"

**
k) [no name retrieved. My apologies]
"These little girls is so wack I no a girl that’s 7 in rap better her name is macei"

**
i) Tiffany montgomery
"I hate the song"

**
Reply
j) Tiffany montgomery
"Just kiding"

**
k) Erma Watkins
"Is y'all lip syncing because y'all lips are not even really movin"

**
l) Akilah Anderson
"She acting to cheese and she of track"
-snip-
"acting to cheese" = acting too cheesy (smiling too much; giving a fake smile)

of = track= off track (not really belonging in the picture)

**
m) Winter_ Candy_Apple
"I een ga lie but y'all sound stink sorry for disappointment but life een fair at least y'all tr"
-snip-
"I een ga lie" = I ain't gonna lie......

"but life een fair at least y'all tr" = but life ain't fair at least y'all tried."

**
n) rachel forlife
"Bruh they like 6 stop Laing remixs they okay but like chill they just be making the song sound bad when I hear stop dabbing and Milly rocking it not good"

**
o) BIGHomie_ Tay
"It was so bad and stupid"

**
p) Mya Here
"They wasn't hype or nothing they should've had some energy"

**
q) Thandeka Saunders
"OK I'm gonna be honest here its cute but kinda cringy to me"

**
r) Diamond Barnes
"It was so lame"

**
s) Game Good
"I Don't like this crap"

**
t) NORED OPO
"Hold up hold up she’s older than that why is she acting young ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
u) Litisha Mosley
"Why there a big girl she off track I just saying."

**
v) Kris Blk
"Boo you ruined the song"

**
w) Mariza Montes
"You're so cringey"

**
x) Fantashia Arias
"That is the worst rap ever"

**
y) krisaury Palacios
"Horrible but cute at the same time ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜"

**
z) Taniyah Stewart
"Boo Boo boo"

****
C. COMMENTS THAT MENTION CARDI B OR THE ORIGINAL "BODAX YELLOW" SONG/VIDEO
Examples
1) Darnell Hinson
"You little cardi b"

**
2. Alex Jones
"And they not better then cj so cool they rich and better and they got a big house they moved ๐Ÿก๐Ÿก๐Ÿก๐Ÿก they got 3 levels in they house
-snip-
I think that this commenter is saying that Cardi B (who he misnamed as "cj" is richer than these girls and she moved her family to a big house "that has three levels".

**
3. Anilah Goddard
"Love them so much this is better that the real one for me"
-snip-
"the real one" = the real Cardi B -Bodax Yellow" video

**
4. Aleice Bell
"Why is everyone copied bodak yellow"

**
5. carmell love
"If Cardi B actually see this she might want to meet them in real life tress they will be happy they are inspiring a lot of younger ones. Yes"

**
6. Jamarcus Brown
"I like this song she these days all these girls are singing cardi B they be cracking me up"
-snip-
The word “she" in this comment may be a typo for the word "sh&t.”

**
7. Damiya Elmore
"They are so cute this is better than the real song awee๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’‹"

**
8. Ever After High Monster High
"Bodak Yellow gets none badwords remixs and there cute toooo"
-snip-
I think this commenter is saying that this Bodax Yellow remix doesn't have any "bad words" (profanity) and they're (the girls in this video) are cute too.

**
9. Kayla Jones
"We love cardi b I didn’t really know what you were saying"


****
D. OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS
1. Comments that don't consist of gibberish but have nothing to do with this song or video or the Cardi B song or video

Examples:
a) Taniya McCormick
"my step brother is mean because he always tell on me".

**
Reply
b) Taniya McCormick
"and my step brother is really mean"

**
c) Adjeel Bartley
"Hi"

**
4. Carol Anderso
"hi"

****
2. Comments that consist of a random series of letters and/or symbols

Examples:
a) aazlyin waters
"jvhgf"

**
b) eastriva3033
"crazy girls Bxbxojdbxlp

L huyishrrr)$4(6,,?jj m. D"
-snip-
A commenter named "crazy girl" wrote "I love it". Comments b) and c) immediately below were written in response to that comment.

**
c) Lashay Carter
"crazy girls It is did JDM MD diem KDKA nejd he DM JD me km JD she USNS such JDM JFK had of kid NFL kick I or odor fold IRL sole just in I just in I just JJ JFK had of the the"

****
3. Comments in which the commenter shares or asks for personal information, including online or offline contact information

Examples
a) Latoya Johnson
"come to 1627 Dyson and if you see a white house that's me come on Monday at 3 something it don't matter bye see you later"

**
b) Tanisha Brown
"what is your name on Instagram c l like your v"

****
PART II: HOW THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN

A. COMMENTS THAT DON'T ADHERE TO STANDARD PUNCTUATION AND/OR CAPITALIZATION RULES

Note: Examples of these types of comments include "run on sentences" with no punctuation and/or no capitalization, or with inconsistent punctuation or capitalization, or with incorrectly used puntuation marks.

Examples:
1. ruby burdette
"i. don't. like. you๐Ÿ‘Ž"

**
2. Lena Ayers
"I like you you're show is so beautiful I like it you're welcome"

**
3. Cool Kids
"That is so. Cute these my playing shoes"

**
4. AUTHOR&POET Shelisha Campbell
"All I got to say I love it good job"

**
B. COMMENTS THAT CONTAIN SPELLING ERRORS
Examples:
1. latora trent
"Soo cute if i no were you live at i well gave you 5,000,000"

**
2. Nivea Love
"Shutup about daycare and shool naps"

**
3. Amanda Love
"if yol littel dont coment you do not no how to spell"

**
4. Gene-ius Ink
"awwwwwww so cut i am usein somebody's. phone"

**
5. Zaryah Burks
"This song dume"

**
6. Regina Houston
"You stolled this song ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ"

**
7. Laylani Medina
"This is horabolle"

**
8. Tyesha Carpenter
"that do not make ses girl I do not know what you saing girl๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ก"

**
9. Selaelo Molokomme
"Cute and their are kids rapping and their little adorable"

**
10. Veronica Dixonreyes
"thses kids got bars and there! adorable!"

**
11. Samantha Odney
"Good jod"

**
Reply
12. Samantha Odney
"I mean job"

**
13. Solange S
"Greate song"

****
C. COMMENTS THAT ARE WRITTEN WITHOUT A VERB
Examples:
1. Mariah Simelton
"Y'all cute"

**
2. Jordynn Lewis
"They cute"

**
3. Ranique Hayes
"how old you"

**
4. Robin Wallace
"My song yall"

**
5. queen kamora
"Yo they Soo cute"

**
6. Takeria Buchanan
"This my song"

**
D. COMMENTS THAT USE LETTERS OR NUMBERS IN PLACE OF WORDS

Examples:
1. Anilah Goddard
"Love them
U all are so sweet"

**
2. Sokhna Drame
"U guys r so cute"

**
3. Alexis2cute
"Omg u killed that"
-snip-
Notice this commenter's "name".

**
4. lynette590909
"I love it....but who can give these cutie a thumbs down. ...smh....should they shake their butts...an cuss...2 get a thumbs up. .....
THANKS KIDS...U R AWESOME"

****
E. COMMENTS THAT USE RANDOM LETTERS, NUMBERS, SYMBOLS, INTERNET/TEXT ABBREVIATIONS, AND/OR EMOJIS IN PLACE OF WORDS

Examples:
1. Sherry Robinson
"omg little kids and they still amazing"

**
2. Mel's Channel of Fun
"Kid swagggg Love it <3"

**
3. Dande Hill
"๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜˜"

**
4. Kate O
"Lmao!"

**
5. Key'ara Moore
"i love the littel girl๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•❣️❤️❤️๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค❣️๐Ÿ’•❤️๐Ÿ–ค❣️๐Ÿ’•❤️"

****
This concludes Part II of this two part series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment