Translate

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Five Examples Of The 1929 Cuban Classic "Lagrimas Negras" (Black Tears)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the 1929 Cuban classic composition "Lagrimas Negras" ("Black Tears") by Miguel Matamoros.

The Spanish lyrics and English translation of "Lagrimas Negras" is included in this post along with five YouTube examples of this song.

The content of this post is presented for historical, cultural, and entertainment purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Miguel Matamoros and all those singers and musicians who are featured in these sound files and videos.
Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this video and thanks to the publishers of these YouTube examples.
-snip-
This post is dedicated to all the people in the Caribbean and elsewhere who have experienced or are experiencing the wrath of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Jose or the earthquake in Mexico.

Rest In Peace for all those who lost their lives.

For the living my hope is that the recovery will be as thorough as possible, and that many people will join together in offering financial and other support.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT LAGRIMAS NEGRAS
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A1grimas_negras_(song)
"Lágrimas negras (Black Tears) is a bolero-son composed in 1929, with lyrics and music by the Cuban composer and singer Miguel Matamoros (1894–1971). It is one of his most famous songs.[1]"

****
LYRICS: LAGRIMAS NEGRAS ("Black Tears") - English translation from Spanish
(Composition: Miguel Matamoros)

Although you have thrown me into abandonment
Although all my illusions have already died
Instead of cursing you with just anger
In my dreams, I'll fill you up
In my dreams, I will fill you with blessings

I suffer the immense pity of your loss
I feel the deep pain of your game
And I cry without you knowing that my crying
Has black tears
Has black tears like my life

You want to leave me, I do not want to suffer
With you I go my saint although it costs me to die
A love gardener
Sow a flower and leave
Another comes and cultivates it
Which of the 2 will it be?

You want to leave me, I do not want to suffer
With you I go my saint although it costs me to die
With you I go my saint although it costs me
Whatever it costs
With you I go my saint although it costs me to die
Because I do not want to cry, black tears for you

Source: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://www.letras.com/celia-cruz/1308755/&prev=search Submitted by Ezequiel

****
SHOWCASE EXAMPLES
Example #1: Lágrimas Negras - Diego el Cigala y Bebo Valdez



Sandra Taboada, Published on Dec 27, 2010

****
Example #2: Celia Cruz, Lagrimas Negras


Oesoyyo Published on May 2, 2011

Del Albúm "Dios Disfrute A La Reina". Lagrimas Negras

****
Example #3: Buena Vista Social Club Lágrimas Negras



Cumhur Onat Published on Jul 15, 2011

Artist: Buena Vista Social Club

****
Example #4: Cesaria Evora & Compay Segundo - Lagrimas Negras



Lusafrica, Published on Nov 24, 2015

Recorded in Havana (Cuba) in 1999 by Cesaria Evora and Compay Segundo, for a special limited edition of the album of Cesaria "São Vicente di Longe" (2001), and re-released in 2010 in the duet album "Cesaria Evora &".

****
Example #5: Lagrimas Negras • Cuba Feliz - Con Letra



Latinos Unidos Published on Jan 11, 2016

Una hermosa canción del Documental "Cuba Feliz"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitors comment are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment