Translate

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Three Examples Of The Gospel Song - "i Love The Lord" (featuring Richard Smallwood & Two Choirs And Whitney Houston)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases three renditions of the Gospel song "I Love The Lord" that was written by Richard Smallwood.

The content of this post is presented for religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Richard Smallwood, Whitney Houston, and the two featured choirs for their musical legacies. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publishers of these examples on YouTube.

****
LYRICS - I LOVE THE LORD
(written by Richard Smallwood)

I love the the Lord, he heard my cry
And pitied every groan, long as I, I live
And troubles rise, I hasten to his throne

Oh, I love the Lord
I sure do, surely do love the Lord
He heard, he heard my cry
And pitied every groan, yes he did
Every groan
Long as I live, long as I, I live
And troubles rise, troubles rise
I hasten to to to to to
I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his throne
I'll hasten to his throne hold on hold on
Tears are streaming down my eyes

I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his throne
Yes I will, I'll run
I know I can go to his throne
I know I can go, I know I can go
I'll hasten, I'm gonna run
I know I can go, I know I can go
I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his throne

See I can run, Lord you know I will
When there is nowhere to go I know I can go to you
I know I can run to you oh
I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his, his throne
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
I'll hasten, hasten to his throne
Surely gonna be here

Source: https://genius.com/Richard-smallwood-i-love-the-lord-lyrics

****
FEATURED EXAMPLES
Example #1: "I Love The Lord" (Original)(1976) Richard Smallwood & Union Temple Young Adult Choir (Performed in 1976)



Gospel Nostalgia, Published on Oct 27, 2015

This is track 3 from the 1976 album "Give Us Peace".

Lead by Elett Ricks-Chambers

Written by Richard Smallwood

****
Example #2: Richard Smallwood Singers-I Love The Lord (Performed in 1982)

Christopher Blacksher Uploaded on Apr 12, 2008
-snip-
Soloist Dottie Jones, a member of the Richard Smallwood Singers

****
Example #3: Whitney Houston LIVE - "I Love The Lord" (Performed in 1996)



Trevon Dawson, Published on Jul 16, 2014

Whitney Houston feat. The Georgia Mass Choir sings "I Love The Lord" from The Preachers Wife Written By: Richard Smallwood Live at The 50'th Anniversary of Ebony Magazine
-snip-
Whitney Houston & The Georgia Mass Choir's rendition of "I Love The Lord", was featured in the 1996 American movie The Preacher's Wife, and is credited with popularizing that Gospel song so much so that some people mistakenly believe that Whitney Houston was the first person to sing that song.

Whitney Houston also starred in The Preacher's Wife.

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment