Translate

Friday, April 7, 2017

Democratic Republic Of The Congo (Kinshasa) Singer DM - "Makolongulu" (contemporary dance video with selected comments)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the contemporary Congolese song "Makolongulu" by DM. Selected comments from that video are also given in this post.

This post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to DM and all those who are featured in this video. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post.
-snip-
Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2014/07/jb-mpiana-ndombolo-sound-file.html for the 2014 pancocojams post entitled "JB Mpiana- Ndombolo (sound file, information, comments)".

Also, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eithURv7kU for a YouTube tutorial video entitled "How to dance Ndombolo (Congolese Makolongulu Dance)"

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO - BM MAKOLONGULU (Music Video)



BM Official Published on Feb 1, 2016

...

Directed by Tolu Abimbola (@Manliketee), Filmed by Tshisz Nelson (@Tshiszlsme)

Dancers (IG): @ma_afrika_ @beauts_tee @virnaa_denters @kwakugh_ @iamfreshandy1 @unkle_kai @_iamaishaa @makuriya_xo

-snip-
Selected comments from this video's discussion thread: [additional comments and numbers assigned to all comments for referencing purpose added March 27, 2018]
1. Lugztina, 2016
"What country in Africa is this from?"

**
Reply
2. Kathy Muango, 2016
"congo Kinshasa"

**
3. Edith L'africaine, 2016
"Makolongulu #Team243 Jkiffe πŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ’•"
-snip-
"243" is the telephone area code for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (also known as Congo Kinshasa; DRC)

**
4. Ya Ponton, 2016
"+lae u ouiiii j kiffe la chanson"

**
5. DM More Fire, 2016
"you better recognize...Only in DRC. Party zone number one"

**
6. Biz Ness, 2017
"BM na lela yooo. Since this track came out, i've been listening to it.
When you need something done better do it yourself
if you listen to haters you're leaving yourself... makolongulu
yeah u know that I'm making my money myself
never see me struggle, I'm well in my health... makolongulu
everybody knows that I'll be doing alright
trynna make a living then I'll be out of sight
and you know that my kids will never be cryin'
Coz daddy's gonna show you one hell of a time... makolongulu
ahhh somoooo. bonne anne (happy new year & love u all)"
-snip-
I believe this is part of the lyrics of that song, after the first sentence and up to the word "ahhh".

**
7. Lei Shay, 2016
"doesn't makolo ngulu mean barefoot? Also I like this song :)"

**
Reply
8. Rose bebe, 2017
"Lei Shay yes"

**
9. Davinya Yaya, 2016
"Making us Congolese proud !!!"

**
10. Amy Diallo, 2016
"Big up CongoπŸ‡¨πŸ‡©πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰"

**
11. Tecla Ndungu, 2016
"my jam πŸ‘Œ"

**
12. ana jau, 2017
"love you is very nice cool πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘"

**
13. Juedisha Atkins, 2017
i luv the sing but what are they saying can anybody translate for me

**
Reply
14. Biz Ness, 2017
Juedisha. It's funny. They r basically saying u fall into a problem and u get kicked away forgetting to wear ur shoes or barefoot. by ur wife, gorlfriend, parents etc... it's so funny but i really love congolese music and i never get enough of this one. Makolongulu = Barefoot

**
15. Stan Lighty. 2017
"I'm Haitian, but this reminds me so much of our music! #WeAreOne #WeAreAllConnected #AfricaUnite"

**
16. Nana Erina, 2017
"It doesn't matter what part of africa you from cuz at the end its not the language that moves ur body its the music beat/sounds...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜™πŸ˜—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜one love africa rise up πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜—πŸ˜™"

**
17. Chanel apple, 2017
"Je kiff"
-snip-
"Je kiff" is French slang (from Arabic) meaning "I really like it".

**
18. El Dannie, 2017
"I dont get one word hes saying but this song still bannggss!!!!πŸ™ŒπŸΏ"

**
19. CassidyOG, 2017
"Wetin be de meaning for this "makolongulu" sef?"
-snip-
This question is written in Nigerian Pidgin English. I think it reads "What is the meaning of this word "makolongulu"?

**
20. Alison Lang, 2017
"Thanks guys for making us African proud! I love this song! One love Africa! Keep making us proud! I love everything thing about this song! The Outfits on point ☝πŸ½πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ½ the continent of Africa πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❣️"

**
21. WabibiGirl13, 2016
"I like how even though he incorporated English in the song, he didn't stray away from his Congolese roots and make the song sound all Americanized like how other artist do. LIngala is such a beautiful language and the Congolese culture is infinitely rich. I'm definitely one proud Congolese gal dancing makolongulu to this song LOL!!!!!"

**
reply
22. Penda M, 2016
"+WabibiGirl13 what does makolongulu mean??"

**
reply
23. Shaki91176, 2016
"+Naturally P it means barefoot"

**
24. Penda M, 2016
"+Shaki91176 lmao i did not expect that, thank you"

**
25. WabibiGirl13, 2016
"+Shaki91176​you speak Lingala girl?? : )"

**
26. Shaki91176, 2017
"8 months late, but no lol. I searched it up~ I would certainly be interested in learning it though! It sounds so beautiful"

**
27. Angie Dances, 2016
"voila GOOD MUSIC! I dont understand lingala but I've got this on repeat. I love love it and I love seeing guys who can really dance. love the representation of women of various sizes.. I love Congolese culture and music it is similar to Cameroonian culture. keep this type of music coming grand frere!"

**
28. West Indian Empress, 2016
"I already speak three languages but this song makes me want to learn the language of the Congolese Lingala so bad or any other language from d motherland but it's too dang much to choose from!! Woy πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜• lol Love from the Caribbean anyway ❤️❤️❤️✊🏾✊🏾"

**
reply
29. Oli Joni, 2017
"West Indian Empress as a Congolese I can say that Lingala is relatively easy language. The grammar is pretty monotone except for the fact that pronunciation can be tricky and you will have a hard time understanding us when we speak Lingala since we also mix in French but go for it"

**
reply
30. melanin queen
"West Indian Empress bruh i speak like 5 langueges and still want more lol"

**
31. Uche love, 2016
"Am a Nigerian living in Germany. we had a school cultural party and i quickly reached for my phone when it was dancing time. i played this song like 20 times. i taught Everyone how to dance it even my lecturer too was digging the dance , it was fun. i love love love the music, i give this song 120/100 πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ."

**
reply
32. Tomisin Ajakaiye, 2017
"Uche love Yaaaaaaaasssss spread that African rhythm"

**
33. diamonds amazing crafts, 2016
"and you do't know the meanig it means bare foot"

**
reply
34. Queen Ruth, 2016
"diamonds amazing crafts i took off my shoes dancing to this✌

**
reply
35. Trade Services, 2016
"Queen Ruth I did the same ahahahaha. i threw my shoes off like there's no 2morrow. This track is a killer. I never get tired of it since it was toasted. Now it's ur turn. Zwaaaa maaaa, makolongulu. Binela bango, Makolongulu. Sapato te. Makolonguluuuu"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment