Translate

Sunday, November 15, 2015

"I Will Make The Darkness Light" ("The High Places") examples & lyrics

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post provides five renditions of Bishop Charles Price Jones' 1916 Gospel song "I Will Make The Darkness Light". That song is also known as "The High Places". Lyrics for this song are given in the summary statement for Example #5. That sound file is an uptempo rendition of that Gospel song.

The content of this post is presented for religious, inspirational, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to for his religious and musical legacy. Thanks to all those who are featured in this post and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks also to the publishers of these examples on YouTube.

****
*Bishop Charles Price Jones, Sr. (December 9, 1865 – January 19, 1949) was the founder of the Church of Christ (Holiness) U.S.A. Click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Price_Jones for information about Bishop Charles Price Jones.

****
SHOWCASE EXAMPLES
These examples are given in chronological order according to their publishing dates on YouTube with the oldest dated example given first.

Example #1: I will Make the Darkness Light



Harvey Fitz, Uploaded on Feb 15, 2009

Min. Karen sangin I Will Make The Darkness Light!

****
Example #2: Michael Fletcher Chorale Fet. Rev. James Moore "The High Place" (part1)



Jnbjproductions Uploaded on Oct 3, 2009

The High Place
Michael Fletcher Chorale Live
Rev. James Moore Soloist

****
Example #3: "I Will make The Darkness Light" Sara Jordan Powell



Johnzoe777, Uploaded on Feb 2, 2010

This album is a "first" for the inimitable Sara Jordan Powell.It is the first actual "Live" in-church service she has ever recorded "I Will make The Darkness Light" soloist: Sara Jordan Powell "1977"

****
Example #4: I Will Make The Darkness Light ~Lady Courace Fisher



gospellight684 Uploaded on Jul 17, 2010

GLC Convocation 2010 ~"WHATEVER IT TAKES" Saturday Night Service
-snip-
"GLC" = Gospel Light Church of God in Christ Jesus (Apostolic),

Two commenters noted that the soloist is from Jamaica and currently lives in Canada.

****
Example #5: "High Place" Myrna Summers



Gospel Nostalgia Published on Jun 3, 2012

This is track 4 from the 2000 album entitled "His Mercy Endureth Forever".
Written by Charles Price Jones
1. I will make the darkness light before thee,
What is wrong I’ll make it right before thee,
All thy battles I will fight before thee,
And the high place I’ll bring down.

Refrain
When thou walkest by the way I’ll lead thee,
On the fatness of the land I’ll feed thee,
And a mansion in the sky I’ll deed thee,
And the high place I’ll bring down.

2. With an everlasting love I’ll love thee,
Though with trials deep and sore I’ll prove thee,
But there’s nothing that can hurt or move thee,
And the high place I’ll bring down. [Refrain]

3. Although Satan in his rage would tear thee,
And with all his winning arts would snare thee,
Even down to thine old age I’ll bear thee,
And the high place I’ll bring down. [Refrain]

4. I will make the darkness light before thee,
I will make the crooked straight before thee,
I will spread My wings protecting o’er thee,
And the high place I’ll bring down. [Refrain]

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment