Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tweets From #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou, Part II (culture, childhood memories, food, music, hair styles etc.)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part II of a two part pancocojams series of selected examples of tweets from the April 16, 2014. twitter thread entitled #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou. That twitter thread was started by Feminista Jonea in response to producer/singer Pharrell's comments on the Oprah Winfrey television show that he was a "New Black":
"In April during an interview with Oprah, super producer Pharrell Williams christened himself a New Black, saying: "The New Black doesn't blame other races for our issues. The New Black dreams and realizes that it's not a pigmentation; it's a mentality. And it's either going to work for you, or it's going to work against you. And you've got to pick the side you're gonna be on." Pharrell's comments were met with equal parts side-eye and praise across the internet (Feminista Jones created the hilariously on-point hashtag #whatkindofblackareyou that set Twitter aflame for 24 hours). People were curious, if a bit confused. What exactly was a New Black, and who appointed Pharrell king?" http://gawker.com/the-curious-case-of-the-new-black-a-conversation-1649462578.

Part II of this series quotes tweets from the top tweets portion of #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou that focus on culture (food, hair styles & hair care, childhood memories, & other life experiences).

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/03/examples-of-tweets-from.html for Part I.

Part I quotes selected top tweets from #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou. Those tweets focus on race (including skin color), racism, and sexual orientation.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, historical, folkloric, and sociological purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to @FeministaJones for starting this twitter thread that showcases Black diversity. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in these posts.

****
WHY I DECIDED TO PUBLISH THIS SERIES
As a community folklorist who is interested in documenting Black cultures, I believe that some comments from twitter threads are of folkloric (historical, cultural) value as they reflect commenters' opinions, reminiscences, values, and viewpoints.

I also believe that (similarly to YouTube comment threads) specific tweets are easier to access and study when they are posted on blogs than when they are on their source site/s. Furthermore, (again similarly to YouTube comment threads), twitter threads such as #whatkindofblackareyou often include profanity and sexually explicit matter which may or may not be germane to the subject/s being discussed.

I chose the examples included in these posts for various reasons - because the comments reminded me of my experiences, or presented information about other Black experiences, or because the comments appeared to me to be representative of different opinions about being Black in the United States and elsewhere, and/or because I liked the way a comment was written or what the comment said.

I'm aware that other people quoting comments from that twitter thread might select other examples rather than the ones that I selected.

****
DISCLAIMER
This pancocojams series excludes sexually explicit content and uses a bracketed "profanity delected" note for those words so that this content might be available for use in schools. Unfortunately, this series doesn't include any of the (what I consider to high quality) pictures or videos that are included in that twitter thread.

No total number of top tweets that are found in "#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou and I didn't count the number of tweets that were included on that thread. However, I believe that these tweets are representative of those top tweets.

These posts aren't meant to be an overview of the "New Black" term. Visit http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/04/pharrell-seemingly-forgets-racism-still-exists-hes-new-black, http://www.teabreakfast.com/newblack-epidemic/ and http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/features/tracymorgan/excerpt.php "Introduction to Book I Am The New Black by Tracy Morgan for additional information and comments about the multiple meanings of "New Black" and varied Black reactions to that term. WARNING – Some of the comment sections of those articles contain profanity.

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23whatkindofblackareyou

All of these comments are from April 16, 2014.

These comments focus on culture (childhood memories, hair styles, language (code switching), food, music, and other life experiences).

The comments are presented in chronological order with the earliest comments given first. These comments may not be in consecutive order. Numbers are assigned for referencing purposes only.

With the exception of the tweet mentioning Hillman college, and the tweet mentioning "Jack & Jill", the Links, and the Boule", these tweets are given without any explanations.

1. Jai Priestess ‏@JChiron18
I got yelled at in a different language at home black
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou?

**
2. ItchyAreola ‏@radrebellion
Don't invite me to your Thanksgiving if you don't have homemade mac n cheese kinda Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou?

**
3. Mikki Kendall ‏@Karnythia
"Hope and the dream of our enslaved ancestors means education isn't optional" speeches every week #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
4. Jai Priestess ‏@JChiron18
My accent changes when I'm around family black

**
5. Thumbelina DeBarge ‏@VicTORIousGable
I'm "when we get in this store, you better not ask for nothing" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
6. Tahir Jetter ‏@tahirtweets
@CorporateBarbie @MeLaMachinko Reborn Fruit of Islam Kinda Black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
7. Vanessa K. De Luca ‏@Vanessa_KDeLuca
#WhatKindofBlackAreYou I am that that "erudite as I wanna be but don't get it twisted because I will go there if you make me" kinda Black

**
8. Khadijah J Here2Slay ‏@Pundit_AcadEMIC
I'm slay yo' ass with a calm voice & smile on my face kind of Black #WhatKindofBlackAreYou

**
9. Adam D ‏@AD_Renaissance
I'm the "what do you mean you don't know how to play spades" kind of Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
10. Clifton M. Lê Lòúp ‏@seabethree
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou Patti LaBelle taking 15 minutes to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" kind of Black. And me singing right along w/her

**
11. The Journalista ‏@thejournalista
I'm "who made the greens" and "who made the potato salad" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
12. Clifton M. Lê Lòúp ‏@seabethree
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou the it's raining so turn off the lights, don't take a shower, & don't use the house phone type of Black

**
13. Stereo Williams ‏@stereowilliams  West Haverstraw, NY
#WhatKindofBlackAreYou That "I save all plastic cups from every fast food joint for eternity" kind of black

**
14. Mikki Kendall ‏@Karnythia
Sunday repast, don't touch a stranger's cooking if you don't know her house is clean, who made the rolls? #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
15. ItchyAreola ‏@radrebellion
I can appreciate Stevie, Luther and Lil Boosie at the same damn time kind of Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
16. The Unorthodox Duck ‏@GeauxGabby
Im "where yo fine cousin at" type Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
17. Steph B-More™ ‏@StephBMore
Southern accent at home, proper accent at work type of black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
18. Karsh ‏@karsh
I'm "skreet" and "skrimps" Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
19. Pepe Sylvia ‏@edot__
I'm "I can't come outside bc momma felt the the back of the tv and it was hot and my homework wasn't finished." Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
20. The Unorthodox Duck ‏@GeauxGabby
YES GAWD “@ambuh_nichole: I'm, I pat my head instead of scratching it because I gotta get a perm tomorrow black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou”

**
21. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
I'm "of course I make mac and cheese from scratch" kinda Black

**
22. golden girl ‏@blowticious
I can say an entire paragraph with one look. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
23. Godly Queen ‏@kitschisland
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou I'm switch to my mother-tongue when I'm angry kinda black.

**
24. Miss. A Denise ‏@PartlyRetha
Unapologetically "sassy" and I give no [profanity deleted] about trying to dispel this stereotype #whatkindofblackareyou

**
25. ♎ ‏@kchamomile
My side eye will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about yourself. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
26. golden girl ‏@blowticious
I can make a dollar out of fifteen cents. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
27. Reagan Gomez ‏@ReaganGomez
I'm Scarlett, I just braided ur hair with beads....don't let the kids @ school be playing all up in ur head" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
28. ItchyAreola ‏@radrebellion
Life Ain't Been No Crystal Stair kind of Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
29. Jai Priestess ‏@JChiron18
Mom pressed my hair with a comb heated over open flames black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou?

**
30. Pepe Sylvia ‏@edot__
I'm "Didn't realize using mason and jelly jars as glasses was uncommon until I visited other people's houses." Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
31. C'era I'jel ‏@Kill__Switch
my grandma was the "you better stay in or out! letting all of my air out -.-" type of black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
32. Reagan Gomez ‏@ReaganGomez
I'm "grandma comes with her holy oil to bless it (get spirits out) whenever you move to a new place" kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
33. Bondye ‏@HYFRchrilliams
whatkindofblackareyou one who eats both sweet potato AND pumpkin pie.

**
34. golden girl ‏@blowticious
I know how to catfight nonviolently with a smile.
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
35. Petty White. ‏@TheEightFour
"Lawd, Aunt Alma finna get up and say some words? We gon be here all day" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
36. Big T ‏@abbywarhol
"Storm coming, turn off that tv, and them lights, get off my phone, too" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
37. Elle La Negra ‏@FireinFreetown
I'm "my momma just braided my hair so we can't play that game today" Black #whatkindofBlackareyou

**
38. Wunderbae ‏@LancelotPrice
#WhatKindofBlackAreYou

Listens to Puccini, Beyoncé, Big Freedia and Verdi within moments of each other kinda Black.

**
39. Rah ‏@rhazybaby
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou Be there at 6:30 means I'm leaving my house at 6:40 type

**
40. Chance ‏@BlewThisCHANCE
"My mother don't like no dishes in her sink" black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
41. Zakiya Naema Jackson ‏@ZakiyaNaemaJack
I'm wearing my hair natural cause I want to not cause anyone thinks I should or shouldn't #whatkindofblackareyou

**
42. Mikki Kendall ‏@Karnythia
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou Braid my hair, take off my earrings, somebody hold my purse kind of black.

**
43. hilly. ‏@CityofLimes
I'm, *kisses teeth* type Black. #whatkindofBlackareyou?

**
44. marcussimmonscc ‏@marcussimmonscc
I'm that "got spanked with everything from hair combs to towels to switches" kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
45. Joyce Bell ‏@Joyce_Bell
I'm the party all Saturday night & singing in the choir on Sunday morning kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
46. Tayo Akin ‏@NaijaNupe_
“@ReaganGomez: "No you cannot eat in your room, in front of the tv, only at the table so don't ask" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou”😩 my mom

**
47. Mikki Kendall ‏@Karnythia
I'm "macaroni & cheese comes from the oven not from a box" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
48. Reagan Gomez ‏@ReaganGomez
"CAUSE I SAID SO" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
49. Boo Boo Kitty ‏@JamelleMyBelle
The "No, you cannot touch my hair" kind. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
50. Salt ‏@vashtiknight
"Going the wrong way during the Cupid Shuffle" black. #whatkindofblackareyou"

**
51. Timbo Slice ‏@HelloNurse_
Getting this degree for my mama Blk #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
52. Africana WomaNINJA ‏@MelanieCoMcCoy
I'm that "you betta recognize who you are speaking to" kinda Black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
53. Hassan Wanini ‏@Hassan_Wanini
Coconut oil is for the skin AND the food kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
54. M. ‏@_MTil
I'm "won't leave the house without carmex or vaseline" black

**
55. Legend of Chocolate ‏@bigsister_ALUM
High school got metal detectors but not enough books...Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
56. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
I'm "Ting, Red Stripe, Wray & Nephews, callaloo & saltfish, bun & cheese, curry or jerk chicken" kinda Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
57. le Pete ‏@_ritahawk
I'm the "don't show off in front of your LIL friends and get embarrassed," black.. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
58. Jai Priestess ‏@JChiron18
Wish I could jump double dutch black
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou?

**
59. G.A.S. ‏@ScoobieBeKnowin
I'm the "fry some catfish then put the grease in the oven and save it for the next time" type of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
60. Africana WomaNINJA ‏@MelanieCoMcCoy
I'm that "natural hair and daishikis don't make you aware or conscious" kind of Black
#whatkindofblackareyou

**
61. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
@Pundit_AcadEMIC I am oxtails, rice & peas, festivals, sorrel wine, fried fish, curry goat and gizzada kinda Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
62. Jai Priestess ‏@JChiron18
"Fix yuh face" black
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou?

**
63. Amy Farrah Fowler ‏@MamaCynicsBaby
"If it's cold, then it is NOT a vacation spot" black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
64. Petty White. ‏@TheEightFour
"Take them school clothes off and start on that homework" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
65. Donnalee ‏@DonnaTruly
I'm "the party isn't over till we do the wobble" kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou?

**
66. Jack Bandit ‏@intrepid_heroin
"Gotten my hair pressed in more kitchens than beauty parlors" black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
67. Honey Vee ‏@loveritsv
“@Lushology: Refers to all the elders in my life as "Auntie and Uncle" Black #whatkindofblackareyou” and ppl your age as cousins

**
‏68. @lilmissaquarius
The "off beat clapping in church" black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
69. Courtney Sierra ‏@seecourttype
I'm that "yes I listen to all types of music" kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
70. Corporate Thug ‏@cubicle_bc
yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma,am to all my elders type of black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
71. N E G U S ‏@MalcolmTooXtra
"Yes I know my father and no I'm not the first one in my family to go to college" black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
72. 5'6 and blessed ‏@TeeRaySays
the "lost when people talk about songs that aren't rap" type of black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
73. Stephanie Humphrey ‏@TechLifeSteph Philadelphia, PA
"My mom JUST stopped saving chicken/fish grease in a jar on the stove" Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
74. Petty White. ‏@TheEightFour
"I don't care WHAT Keisha's mama lets her do! Does Keisha live in this house?" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
75. Blerd Trekkie =/\= ‏@BlerdTrekkie
I'm the "Can't drink grape juice without thinking of Communion Sunday" sort of Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
76. Jeff Swagwell ‏@primetimeRYNE
i'm "use a little laundry detergent until we get some more dishwashing liquid" type black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
77. Donnalee ‏@DonnaTruly
I'm "vaseline will get rid of that ashiness better than lotion" kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou?

**
78. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
I'm a "Ferrol Compound and Detol in the house during childhood" kinda Black. Jamaicans know wah gwan. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
79. Ella Septima-Hamer ‏@Jbrous14
#whatkindofblackareyou NWA, Public Enemy, De La Soul, MC Lyte, Tribe Called Quest, Queen Latifah, Wu Tang Clan, The Roots, Black

**
80. Jack Bandit ‏@intrepid_heroin
"Not from the hood, but know it well" black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
81. Austin Channing ‏@austinchanning
I'm 'sitting on the porch and the next car that comes by is mine' kinda black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
82. Pablo#ONLINE ‏@IAm_ITKGH
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou The type that'll call Cherry Kool-aid "Red"

**
83. Lana Kane ‏@NeesiaaTrends
I love fried chicken and soul food, grape soda and watermelon and it's not b/c I am Black it's because they're GOOD #whatkindofBlackareyou

**
84. Donnalee ‏@DonnaTruly
I'm Alice & Toni & Zadie & Edwidge & Chimimanda & Jamaica - reading kind of black. #whatkindofblackareyou?

**
85. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
I'm "'Keep Ya Head Up', 'U.N.I.T.Y.' & The Color Purple were my introduction to womanism in adolescence" kinda Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
86. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
The only college I wanted to apply to was Hillman. #whatkindofblackareyou
-snip-
"Hillman"= a fictitious college on the Black television sit-com "A Different World"

**
87. T. Rap Brown ‏@change_thoughts  Washington, DC
I'm the bring your own snacks to the movies kinda BLACK... #whatkindofblackareyou

**
88. Gi ‏@LuxSunnshine
"Don't let nobody play in your hair" kinda black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
89. afropoetic ‏@angstyblkwoman
I'm "THAT'S MY JAM!!!" whenever any song comes on kinda black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
90. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
I recited Phenomenal Woman at a talent show or And Still I Rise at a cotillion... bc all good little black girls did. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
91. Jenifer Daniels, APR ‏@jentrification
namaste and om kind #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
92. Tenderoni ‏@Sensitive__Thug
I'm the "My momma said I can't hang out with y'all until she meets y'all mommas" type of black

**
93. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
Jack & Jill >>> Girl/Boy Scouts. I know all about the Links & the Boule, even tho white kids were clueless. #whatkindofblackareyou
-snip-
"Jack & Jill" = is a memberships only social organization for upper middle class children, "Links" = a membership organization for professional African American women, and "the Boule" is "the first African-American Greek-lettered organization was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on May 15, 1904. The fraternity quickly established chapters (referred to as "member boulés") in Chicago, IL and then Baltimore, MD.[1] The founders included two doctors, a dentist and a physician.[2] When Sigma Pi Phi was founded, black professionals were not offered participation in the professional and cultural associations organized by the white community.[3] Sigma Pi Phi has over 5,000 members and 126 chapters throughout the United States and the West Indies.[4]" ..founded on May 15, 1904."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma_Pi_Phi

**
94. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
My sorority/fraternity affiliation only *began* in college, it didn't end there... #whatkindofblackareyou

**
95. ItchyAreola ‏@radrebellion
Asking the teachers why we can't learn more about Africa in this world history class kinda Black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
96. Jack Bandit ‏@intrepid_heroin
"Love and Hip Hop is trash" black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
97. Trapunzel ‏@SunitaAppleBaum
I'm the sophisticated when necessary but ratchet with my friends type of black , also considered sophistiratchet #whatkindofblackareyou

**
98. Yve ‏@yvethepoet
Mwen pale Kreyol, je parle français, calling cousins: auntie and uncle out of respect for age kind of black. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
99. Elle La Negra ‏@FireinFreetown
I'm 'roll my eyes til they get stuck if you tell me Kwanzaa is made up like ALL holidays aren't' Black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
100. Gucci Ma'am La Flare ‏@_CakeBawse
I'm "keep a random drawer of ketchup, soy sauce packets, and takeout menus" Black #whatkindofBlackareyou

**
101. Bougie Black Girl ‏@BougieBlackGurl
Stayed wondering why everyone caught to holy ghost in church except you. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
102. Shelby Ivey Christie ‏@bronze_bombSHEL
I'm "take that meat out the freezer & there better not be dishes in the sink when I get home!" kinda Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
103. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
I didn't know white Barbies or Cabbage Patch dolls even *existed* til I was ~7yo bc my mom only bought me black ones. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
104. phoenicianoire ‏@yolandanocturn
That all black hair is good hair black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
105. Poisson d'Avril ‏@ShakExcellence • Apr 16
I'm the "never talk back to your parents cause they'll smack the [profanity deleted] outta you if you do so" kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
106. Erato ‏@Layla_D_
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou.. just went to a bible study session for the free muffins & coffee even though i'm a apathetic agnostic kinda black..

**
107. Africana WomaNINJA ‏@MelanieCoMcCoy
I'm that "I will give you the shade face if you are out of order" kind of Black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
108. Amí Jolie ‏@Jessica_Geaux
First time I got to choose whether or not I went to church was when I got to college #whatkindofblackareyou

**
109. Trudy ‏@thetrudz
I'm "curl up and watch Wattstax, When We Were Kings, Freedom Riders & The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975" kinda Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
110. Africana WomaNINJA ‏@MelanieCoMcCoy
“@_rebelYEL: I listen to Janelle Monae, but I won't shame you if you listen to Nicki Minaj type black. #whatkindofblackareyou” THIS

**
111. JabbarLewis ‏@JabbarLewis
I'm the bring your own popcorn, water, snacks to the movies kinda black.. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
112. 100 emoji ‏@Breliloquy
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

The when getting my hair done "almost done" meant 2 hours from now after a break and a whole nother meal kind

**
113. Bougie Black Girl ‏@BougieBlackGurl
Had two sets of clothes. School clothes & play clothes. Don't let your momma catch you in your school clothes. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
114. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
Collard greens and black eyes peas every New Year... or is that just a southern thing? #whatkindofblackareyou

**
115. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
We got detention in Sunday School & Vacation Bible School for doing "tongues" impersonations. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
116. Bougie Black Girl ‏@BougieBlackGurl
Wore goodie barrettes & had a color for every outfit.We kept ours in a Royal Dansk Cookies tin #whatkindofblackareyou

**
117. Tyrese Johnson ‏@Pants_So_Short
"Grown folk table" black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
118. Black Jon Snow ‏@thirdeyesquints
I'm that Gil Scott fused with Lupe disguised as Drake featuring Gambino, Badu, 3 Stacks and The Roots kind of black. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
119. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
The wooly-haired Jesus on my grandmother's living room wall was black. (Her JFK was white tho.) #whatkindofblackareyou

**
120. Brian McLight
I am "keep every plastic bag I get from the sto under the kitchen sink" kinda black #whatkindofBlackareyou

**
121.lemony snickette. ‏@CourtJusBChilln
I'm that old school hiphop head, vibe to Neo soul kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
122. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
Other families went to national parks on summer vacation; we went to my father's fraternity convention. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
123. Wrathful Negrita ‏@love_gatherer
I'm when the music stop someone yells out "NO MUSIC" and we all clap along in unison black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
124. CHRIS BROWN ‏@FUTUREPLANSSS
i'm "i actually know what young thug is saying" black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
125. Rashad Timmons ‏@rashadtimmons
I am that still have so much more to learn, experience, see, feel, share, dare, dream, accomplish kind of black.

**
126. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
My redbone mother had to set her fine hair on perm rods to impersonate an afro, but the dashiki was real. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
127. Baeyoncé♥ ‏@afrococos
The "I'm not ashamed of my natural hair" kind of black #WhatKindofBlackAreYou

**
128. juice. ‏@Mila_Eff
I can never find my name on any gift shop souvenirs. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
129. Soul Bossa Nova ‏@yeathatTerrence
#WhatKindofBlackAreYou The type that can give a speech in the King's English but go back to the hood and turn that switch off

**
130. P.i.M.P $ean™ ‏@OriginalBigSean
"Never disrespect my mama no matter how mad she make me" Black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
131. Yaayaa Maria ‏@AmbitiousDoll93
My fro rises to the sun black . #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou "

**
132. seminal minded ‏@Tariksalim88
"the kind that says hiphop saved my life but I'll be damned if I don't critique it's pathology as a grown man kind" #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
133. Johnny JamBoogié ‏@iKickClouds_
"Keeping a collection of plastic bags inside of plastic bags" Black #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
134. Donnalee ‏@DonnaTruly
I'm the "Praise the Lord but pass the ammunition" kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou

**
135. jollof conoisseur ‏@eyekomology
Sit in the front of class and block ya vision of the PowerPoint slides with my fro kind of black. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
136. Moo ‏@SeanMilkshakes
Me too #thestruggle RT @DonnaTruly: I'm "vaseline will get rid of that ashiness better than lotion" kind of black #whatkindofblackareyou?

**
137. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
As a child I knew the address & phone number of our local black-owned funeral home by heart... thanks to church fans. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
138. duduzile za mabaso ‏@uzamantungwa
if I can pronounce Lhuillier then you can pronounce Zamantungwa. #whatkindofblackareyou

**
139. erythræan ‏@mielakay
expect to be corrected if you mispronounce my name, and no you can't give me a nickname because it's easier black

**
140. Bougie Black Girl ‏@BougieBlackGurl
The kind who loves seeing Black women call each other sister regardless of who she is or where she is from #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
141. Rainbow Peace Pie ‏@Resa_Resa23
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou you an ya friends put ya $ together so everyone can get something at the store black

**
142. elisabeth. ‏@elisabethepps
We never got out of church service or a barbershop/ beauty salon in under 4 hours... on a good day. #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
143. Erica P. ‏@orchidassassin
I guess that's #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou I am; I am a "Fried chicken as valid, unapologetic self-care" Black.

**
144. Shaughn ‏@Shaughn_A
#WhatKindOfBlackAreYou
One with no baby mama drama cuz being fruitful & multiplying still requires standards.

**
145. GrooveSDC ‏@GrooveSDC
The kind who realizes educated Black people who work hard and take care of their family is the norm not the exception #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou

**
146. CampbellX ‏@CampbellX
#whatkindofblackareyou the kind that can speak Patois and the Queen's english and thinks both are valid. Y' get mi!

**
147. The Buzzcast ‏@BuzzWorthyRadio
The. End! RT @FeministaJones: #WhatKindOfBlackAreYou
I watch "my stories" not "soap operas"

****
This concludes Part II of this series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment