Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Two Renditions of "The Sky Is Crying" (Elmore James & Albert King)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a rendition of the Blues song "The Sky Is Falling" by Elmore James and by Albert King. The lyrics to this song are also included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
LYRICS: THE SKY IS FALLING
(Elmore James) 1959

The sky is crying,
look at the tears roll down the street
The sky is crying,
look at the tears roll down the street
I'm waiting in tears for my baby,
and I wonder where can she be?

I saw my baby one morning,
and she was walking down the street
I saw my baby one morning,
yes she walking on down the street
Make me feel so good
until my poor heart would skip a beat

I got a bad feeling, my baby,
my baby don't love me no more
I got a bad feeling,
my baby don't love me no more
Now the sky been crying,
the tears rolling down my door

Source: http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/lyrics_blues/ej_theskyiscry.html

****
SHOWCASE EXAMPLES

Example #1: Elmore James - The Sky is Crying



tormentor91, Uploaded on Feb 4, 2008

Elmore James (January 27, 1918 -- May 24, 1963) was an American blues guitarist, singer, song writer and band leader. He was known as The King of the Slide Guitar and had a unique guitar style and stirring voice.
-snip-
Click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmore_James for more information about Elmore James.

****
Example #2: Albert King - The Sky Is Crying



achatscheibe, Uploaded on Mar 28, 2010
-snip-
"Albert King (April 25, 1923 – December 21, 1992) was an American blues guitarist and singer, and a major influence in the world of blues guitar playing. King was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in May 2013."
Click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_King for more information about Albert King.

****
Thanks to Elmore James and Albert King for their musical legacy.
Thanks to those whose quotes are used in this post and thanks to the publishers of these soundfiles on YouTube.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment